Amazon Brand Registry – Scott Discusses with Robyn JohnsonScott Margolius
What is the Amazon Brand Registry? Scott Margolius joins Robyn Johnson for episode 170 of her podcast to discuss the Amazon Brand Registry – what the Registry is, and what changes are coming on Amazon.
In today’s episode, Scott Margolius of EcomSellerTools / Feedback Repair gives some significant modifications he anticipates regarding the Amazon Brand Registry and brand gating. He points out some expected changes that would make sellers act more like professional business owners and the right pieces of advice as retailers get started on Amazon to avoid the distressing situation of account suspension. Scott also believes that as some opportunities close to some people, there are so many new possibilities if you are able to readjust.
“You’re in the right place at the right time only if you’re doing the right things for the right reasons.” – Scott Margolius
This episode covers:
- Changes on the Brand Registry and Brand Gating on the Seller Central site
- Comparing the way Brand Registry worked in the past and the expected changes to come
- How the new Brand Registry Terms of Service can be beneficial to Amazon sellers
- Determining your budget and the price range you’re going to offer on the platform after adding all the necessary fees for trademark, copyright, licensing, and a lot more
- Things you can learn from the big players and also what the big players can learn from the smaller ones
- The single largest risk Scott sees for sellers
- One of the biggest reasons why retailers are getting a lot of suspensions right now
- Reasons why it’s important for Amazon to protect intellectual property, the platform, and consumers
- Importance of building relationships as an authorized seller